Cupcake Gift Tags
Cupcakes are as popular than ever and tonight we're joining the fun at Etsy's Cupcake Craft Night! We'll be there in person and online to share our ideas for cupcake gift tags - see our earlier post for examples.
We had fun mixing favorite papers, felt and other creative materials. One one of our tags we used an actual cupcake wrapper for the base - just cut a small section out and trim the bottom as needed to match the template, then glue. We tried using glue dots, glue sticks, double sided tape and regular Elmer's glue. Depending on your materials some may give you better results.
To give the tag a good weight and visual interest, use a few layers of card stock as a base and a coordinating ribbon for tying on gift packages. We love using fancy edge scissors - scallops are our favorite! On the back, we're using a "to and from" stamp but you could also write in by hand or type up and print from your PC.
Tips and Tools
- Scissors work great - but a Cricut machine is ever better for cutting perfect circles and scalloped squares.
- Fiscars paper cutter and fancy edge scissors will help you get straight and interesting edges on your card stock bases.
- The craft stores also carry great scrap booking punches and tools that can give you perfect flowers, hearts and other details to top off the icing on your cupcake tag.
- If you don't have patterned paper, try using stamps. Stamps that say "happy birthday" or "congratulations" are also great to personalize the tag for a special event.
- Don't hesitate to mix materials - felt and paper work great together.